Modular, flexible, vendor-indipendent and open.
Overview ASM productronica booth
Please click on one of the locations (location pins) to get more information!
1. Open Automation Arena – Rob Raine
Economically feasible automation will only be successful if it is modular, open, and non-proprietary. ASM Open Automation gives electronics manufacturers everything they need to determine the degree and the speed of their automation in accordance with their specific needs. I explained the smart ASM concept to you in our Open Automation Arena.
2. Smart and automated materials supply – Haithem Jeridi
Material preparation and product changeovers have become critical steps in the manufacturing process. I showed you how automated material supply systems and optimized offline production preparation can help you to achieve quick and efficient product changeovers, minimize line stops, and adhere to your production schedule.
3. Highly flexible assembly – Christoph Oeckl
With the latest generation of the SIPLACE SX, I showed you the most flexible placement solution ever. You can place SMDs, OSCs or THT components on a single machine and eliminate the need for expensive and relatively unproductive specialty machines. And best of all, the SIPLACE SX comes with top speed and precision for components ranging from 0201m to 200 x 125 x 50 millimeters.
- Capacity on Demand with SIPLACE unique interchangeable gantries that let you change placement heads in as little as 30 minutes
- Master all challenges arising from odd-shaped components with the SIPLACE OSC Package and the optional Clinching Tool
- Easy integration of third-party feeders
- Placement forces ranging from 0.5 to 100 newtons
- Board lengths of up to 1.525 meters
4. Maximum speed and accuracy – Wei Li and Johannes Lettenbauer
Do you require top speed as well as top accuracy for your high-volume production? We showed you how the best-in-class high-speed placement platform for SMT and advanced packaging applications, the SIPLACE TX-Series sets new standards in speed, floorspace performance, and accuracy.
- Up to 96,000 cph in a footprint of only 2.3 square meters
- Accuracy of up to 25 µm @ 3 σ or 15 µm @ 3 σ (SIPLACE TX micron)
- Market-leading vision system checks each component for top placement quality, including the detection of cracked dies and die chipping
- New: SIPLACE Tray Unit for non-stop supply of components in up to 84 JEDEC trays
5. Industry-leading printing performance – Jens Katschke
With the DEK TQ I presented the industry’s best and most powerful solder paste printer and show you how to achieve optimal printing results in your production. Smart options and state-of-the-art automation features ensure that the DEK TQ masters even the most challenging benchmarking tests and process requirements.
- Wet-print accuracy of 17.5 µm @ 2 Cpk with a core cycle time of as little as 5 seconds
- One shift (8 hours) or more of non-stop runtime with no user assists thanks to extra-large USC fabric rolls and a 7-liter tank for cleaning fluid
- Changeover of paste cartridges with no line stop thanks to the optional dual-access cover
- New automation options such as Smart Pin Placement with two automatically placeable pin sizes or DEK All Purpose Clamping, ASM’s most flexible clamping system for all requirements
6. Fastest high-end SPI system – Jérôme Rousval
You were thrilled when I showed you the industry’s fastest and most precise SPI system. With the new ASM ProcessLens, speed and precision are no longer mutually exclusive. New algorithms and smart software help you to interpret measurement results from all angles. It measures what matters, with no compromises or false errors.
- On average up to 70 percent faster than conventional SPI systems with no quality compromises
- Resolution of 20 µm in high-speed mode or 10 µm in high-resolution mode with mode switching via software
- DLP chip with 20 million micro-mirrors, 25 MP camera system, scanning area of 50 x 50 millimeters
- Optional upgrade to the world’s first self-learning SPI expert system with autonomous printing process optimization and control
7. ASM Works, the comprehensive shop floor management suite – Stéphane Le Roux and Mathias Heinz
We demonstrated how you can optimize your production workflows and enhance your productivity with ASM Works. The modular shop floor management suite allows you to build the perfect software infrastructure for your Integrated Smart Factory in stages – based on your schedule and your specific needs.
- The basic ASM Works Core package provides the shop floor management foundation with order management, setup preparation, monitoring, remote control, and a whole lot more. Everything is connected and integrated
- Eight upgrade modules extend your process integration and optimization even further
8. Critical Manufacturing MES – Pedro Oliveira
I showed you what happens when you take an award-winning MES and enhance it with SMT-specific functionalities to meet the needs of the Integrated Smart Factory. Critical Manufacturing MES helps manufacturers digitalize their operations to compete effectively and to easily adapt to changes in demand, opportunities, or requirements – anywhere and anytime.
9. Smart Service Solutions – Oliver Kraus
ASM is your partner not only when it comes to industry-leading hardware and software solutions – our service offerings are also second to none. I explained how ASM can further advance your production with support, remote maintenance and consulting services, and how you can improve your employees’ qualifications with our comprehensive range of training courses.
- Save valuable time on support requests and unplanned line downtime with ASM Remote Smart Factory
- Get spare parts and consumables easier and faster with the ASM Webshop
- Switch to Predictive Maintenance with ASM Factory Equipment Center
- Take advantage of hundreds of interactive training content through our training and learning platform ASM Academy
10. ASM semiconductor solutions – David Felicetti
Applications such as 5G or Car2X communication make the production of semiconductors increasingly complex as packages become smaller while requirements rise and prices decline continuously. That’s why industry leader ASM offers a wide range of smart SiP concepts that are on the cutting edge of technology. I gave an advance look at just two examples of the extensive portfolio of solutions you have see at this year’s productronica:
- AMICRA Nano, the ultra-high-precision solution for die-attach and flip chip bonding in the sub-micron range features a placement accuracy of ±0.3 µm @ 3 σ – it offers the highest placement accuracy in its class!
- EagleAERO, the leading solution for wire bonding with all popular materials (Au, Cu, CuPd, and Ag), features a precision rating of 2 µm @ 3 σ and the ability to process substrate sizes of up to 105 x 300 millimeters
You want to see all presentations of the ASM Experience Areas?